The ADM is a process which is iterative:
- Over the whole process
- Between phases
- Within phases.
For each iteration a decision must be made to determine:
- The coverage and breadth of the Enterprise to be defined
- The level of detail that will be defined
- The extent of time horizon
Decisions will need to be made in terms of the architectural assets that will need to be used including:
- Assets that have been created during previous iterations
- Industry assets that are available elsewhere (These assets may include systems models, vertical industry models and other frameworks etc)
It is important to understand that the decisions made will need to based on a practical appraisal of the resource capability and if the decision will add value to the enterprise.