If your company needs help with Microsoft SQL Programming / Maintenance please contact us today.
Microsoft SQL Server is a relational database management system (RDBMS) developed by Microsoft.
It is designed to run on Windows Servers and can be used to store and manage data both in on-premises and cloud-based environments.
SQL Server was first released in 1989 as a joint project between Microsoft and Sybase. The original version was called Microsoft SQL Server 4.0, and it was based on Sybase’s SQL Server product.
In 1994, Microsoft purchased a stake in Sybase, which allowed them to continue developing SQL Server independently. SQL Server has come a long way since its early days. Over the years, it has been improved and enhanced with new features and capabilities, making it an even more powerful tool for managing data.
Today, SQL Server is one of the most popular RDBMSs on the market, used by organizations of all sizes for a variety of purposes.
Some of the key features of SQL Server include:
- A wide range of deployment options, including on-premises and cloud-based deployments
- Support for both structured and unstructured data
- Powerful query tools that allow you to easily find and analyze your data
- Robust security features that help protect your data from unauthorized access
- Flexible licensing options that make it easy to purchase and deploy the software
Overall, SQL Server is a powerful tool for managing data that is widely used by organizations of all sizes. With its rich feature set and flexibility, it can be used for a variety of purposes, from storing customer data to powering business intelligence applications.