The main objectives of Phase H or the Architecture Change Management Phase are:
- To appraise the efficiency and performance of the architecture and provide proposals for when the architecture may need to be altered.
- To ensure that the proposed architecture is able to achieve the specified business values.
- To ensure that any baseline architectures can continue to evolve e.g. Changes in the business or technology may force baseline architecture(s) to be altered.
- Determine the circumstances and provide a process which will allow the architecture to be modified after the deployment.
- Assess any changes to the principles and framework which have been created in the previous phases of the Architecture Development Method.
- To use and administer the Governance Framework.
It is worth understanding that Phase H or the Architecture Change Management Phase is extremely pertinent to the processes pertaining to architecture governance and management of the Architecture Contract.